The Importance of Having A Plan Now
No one ever wants to imagine themselves getting older. We put off making a plan for our future because it’s easier not to! But having a plan in place is the best assurance you can have for yourself, your husband or wife, and your children and grandchildren. When illness or injury strike, it’s better to have a plan in place.
The best way to do it is to start now. A Continuing Care Retirement Community, also known as a Life Plan Community, can be a strong partner for your plan for your future. These communities, like Westminster Communities of Florida’s active living communities, offer all the benefits of an active and engaging lifestyle with maintenance-free living now, and the assurance of knowing that if you need more support for life’s changing needs, it’s available to you.
Many of our residents say that living at a Westminster community has provided a great relief to them, knowing that they’ve taken care of making a plan and relieved their families of concern.
Here are five key tips to making your plan, from LeadingAge, one of the nation’s leading advocacy organization for older adults:
- Put your finances first. Meet with a lawyer or financial adviser. Consider purchasing a long-term care insurance plan now.
- Look around. Find the community that’s right for you! It’s not just about the cost – it’s about how you want to spend the best years of your life. Find the Westminster community that’s right for you now
- Plan for the unexpected. Medical emergencies can cause a lot of stress for you and your whole family. If you do your research and make a plan now, then you’ll make it much more manageable if and when that day comes.
- Plan now. Choosing the right senior living community, if that’s your choice, takes time to find the perfect fit.
- Start saving. If you’re still working, use this opportunity to make sure your financial plan is where you want it to be. Isn't your wellbeing worth the investment?